To Our Families and Community
Updated September 15, 2021. Information on Funerals and COVID-19.
In accordance with the most recent recommendations handed down by the Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department, our COVID policy has been amended as follows:
- No more than 25 people (including staff) will be admitted in the building at any one time.
- Face masks are recommended. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- A copy of each service’s register book will be retained for use by the Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department.
- Our kitchenette facilities will be closed to the public for use during services.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we strive to keep the public and ourselves safe during this most recent COVID increase.
Notice from Health Department
Funeral Directors in Upshur County:
- Clutter Funeral and Cremation
- Heavner & Cutright Funeral Chapel
- Poling - St. Clair Funeral Home and Crematory
Hello to All,
Per Dr. Reed, MD, Medical Director of the Upshur- Buckhannon Health Department, it is recommended that limits are placed on visitations and funerals, during this time of increasing positive Cases of COVID- 19.
We are asking to keep limits to 25 persons, including staff, and everyone should wear masks. If possible, a rooster or copy of the Registration Book, be kept on hand incase of an outbreak related to a service, that way we will be able to do a better job of case investigations and contract tracing. It would only need to be stored for approximately 30 days.
Thank you for your willingness to comply.